Thursday, July 8, 2010

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE! (aka - SYTYCD)


My favorite show! So You Think You Can Dance! This season is a little different...the judges picked the top 5 guys and top 5 girls to make up the 10 contestants. These top 10 dancers are partnered with an 'all star dancer'...these are dancers from past SYTYCD seasons. 'America' can call in and vote. Out of the bottom dancers the judges deliberate and a dancer is eliminated. Each week someone goes home. The bottom dancers of course get to do solos before the judges decide.

I've been a dancer as long as I can remember and planned to make a life out of it. I wanted to be a 'prima ballerina' until I got older and was exposed to more dance genres. Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Lyrical/Contemporary, African Dance, Hip-Hop, Flamenco, Modern, etc, etc... All I knew was that I wanted to dance everyday of my life! Well turns out God had different plans for me, but without having dance in my life I would not be the person I am today. It is still very much in my heart and soul, and you know you're a dancer if you cant sit still while a good song is on.

Just want to share one routine that I LOOOOOOOVE! It's absolutely amazing - Alex Wong is a 23 year old ballet dancer from Miami, Florida. He danced for Miami City Ballet, and American Ballet Theatre (NYC). Being an expert in ballet it was pretty crazy to hear he would be dancing a Hip-Hop routine with 'All-star' Twitch. Twitch is a master at Hip-hop, and Alex is an expert in Ballet. Doesn't quite mix...but Alex proves in this routine just how talented he really is! Tabitha and Napoleon were the choreographers of this dance and are also husband and wife. They are fantastic!

Check it out!
Hip-Hop ~ Alex and Twitch!

Let me know what you think! Oh by the way...the show is on Wednesdays from 7-9pm and Thursdays from 8-9pm all on Fox. (central time) I sound like I should advertise for the show! haha Oh wait I just did.

It's a wonderful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment