Saturday, November 20, 2010

12 weeks

And so it begins... I wanted to start taking all those sideways pics to watch my tummy grow! Give an update on the week and the symptoms I'm having. Just really wanted this journey documented!

So I look super tired and exhausted here... took this Friday night after a lonnnnnnng week! I'll take a better picture next time - I just couldn't let this week pass by!

Not 'out there' quite yet...but I feel different. "Pudgy" has been my word for how my stomach feels lately. I think it feels more different to me than it looks. My mom and friends who have had babies are like "Ohhh just wait til you REALLY change." Eek!

Symptoms:

Extreme exhaustion - my energy has picked up and gotten better as the trimester has gone on. But this kicks you like nothing else!!! I would come home from work, sleep 2 hours, barely make a decent dinner and then go back to bed before 8! I'm not that way any more, I just need energy to start working out again.

I'm not quite like this, but I thought it was a funny picture...

Food Cravings - At first I was craving things like carrots and ranch, pretzels and hummus, fruit, and now it's all sweet tooth. I have to watch out! I bought those sugar free jello pudding - like 60 calories, those usually do the trick.

Water - I cannot seem to drink enough water. I know I am drinking enough, but my thirst is never quenched. It's like unbelieveable how much water I'm drinking. Seems to me like pregnancy gets you to be healthier (except all those sweets) because water is the only thing I really want to drink and you know you're in charge of your little one's health already!
  • Emotions - I definitely have had those moments where I'm crying and it's 'just because'. I'm more emotional than I ever was before. A song on the radio, commercial on tv, something at work, someone giving me a hug and asking how I'm doing. It's unreal how quickly tears can form! Ryan will just hug me and tell me everything is ok. 
This week the baby is the size of a plum! There are cute little 'fruit timelines' for the size of your baby. We called it gummy bear, blueberry and peanut for a while, but that won't work anymore really. Crazy to think how quickly it is growing!

So I'm not sure if I said this in my last post but we have a hunch it's a boy. Ryan just really hopes it is, and I just hope it's healthy. But I've had dreams it's a boy! More than once. I was thinking maybe because so many girls have been born recently (my friends babies). But now my friend's theory is about the babies heart rate. 170  bpm .... her little girl's heartbeat never went below 150 and all our friends with boys have been lower heart rates. Hmmm interesting - we won't know until around Christmas!

Thanks for reading!
It's a wonderful life!
- Sara and baby :)

1 comment:

  1. Sara!
    It is truly incredible to think that my little girl is going to be a mommy!

    You will be a wonderful mommy too!

    Enjoy this time as much as you can...feeling "life" is just amazing, and such an wonderful blessings!

    It is a wonderful life!
    I love you more!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete