Thursday, January 20, 2011

21 wks and fun family visit!!!

Well it's been a while, but it's been quite eventful around the Corl Casa! We've had so much family over! My cousin Lauren (pictures are below) is a fantastic swimmer at her high school and is being recruited by colleges. She had a swim meet at the UT Swim Center and tons of amazing swimmers came to compete. A handful of olympians were there along with college and high school swimmers. She said the olympians just go for 'practice' and lots of the high schoolers do too, or to be seen by a recruiter. She met with the UT coach this past Monday and she loved the campus! I hope she moves out here! She currently lives in Denver, CO.

Jenna (sis), Lauren (cousin), Me, Uncle Brian, Ryan
We're eating at PF Changs here...and Phelps was at a table just across from us.

Across from our seats...all the olympians and other swimmers were over here.

Scruffy Michael Phelps...yeah I was a bit of a creeper, but look at his wing span! haha

Lauren is in lane 2 fixing her swim cap! She's solid rock - seriously.

Swim meets are so much more intense than I thought! Here's the line up...

Action shot! haha well sort of... she just dove in.

There's her name (Lauren Stoeckle) on the board... can ya tell I'm a little proud?! :)

Pretty sister! Yeah it was raining allllll day - bad hair day!

Mastermind behind the greatest shirt ever! My other cousin that came to visit and good friend Holly!

At the bar with ALLLLL Ravens fans and a few STEELERS fans sprinkled throughout. My shirt says "Future Pittsburgh Fan" with an arrow down to my tummy - it was a hit and an old man came to touch my belly for good luck! EWW!

My main squeeze :)

Ok... this is 6:20am before work...and it's awkward posing for these pics!
But there's the bump!

The camera adds 10 lbs right?!

Oh boy! There he is! Our little man... picture is blurry sorry! He really looks like a baby now! It's drastically different from our 8 wk pic when he looked like a tiny gummy bear.

So at our appointment they decided to do the ultrasound first and then we'd meet with the Dr. to 'chat'. I don't quite have all the words to express how amazing this whole experience is. We both were so excited and anxious for this appointment and he made it SO easy for us to figure out what he/she was. The ultrasound tech girl recorded the first 15 minutes of our ultrasound on a dvd.  She found him profile for us first and took pictures. Started measuring his heart rate (137 bpm) and then started looking for parts. haha I wish the picture looked better to post because it's too fuzzy, but she found him legs spread and snapped a picture! She goes, "Do you see that right there?" I said, "yeah" and Ryan goes, "It's a boy isn't it!" She laughed and said "That is DEFINITELY a boy!" haha He was not shy...maybe the orange juice I drank beforehand got him movin!

She started measuring his brain, checking his organs (who knew they could do all this on the sonogram machine?!) and measuring his weight and length. He was measuring on the big side... about a week and a half ahead. (21 1/2 wks) So we'll see how that pans out! She said everything looked good. Such a relief. :)

Below was my attempt to record part of the DVD... lets see how this goes...



It's a wonderful life!
-Sara (and baby boy!)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update and pictures!! I've been checking every day waiting to see some more pics. You look beautiful! Glad to hear you and baby boy are doing well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful Sara--and Baby boy Corl does too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, was I there that weekend? I think I need to buy a camera to record my visits! LOL

    ReplyDelete