Wednesday, February 9, 2011

24 weeks & 4 days....

Ohhhhh boy! ;)

Dr. Appointment tomorrow - update will come on this post later!
**UPDATE BELOW**



So here's the update on our 24 wk appointment! It was set for 4pm and we ended up waiting for about an HOUR AND A HALF to be seen. That's the tough thing about taking late afternoon appointments after work (so I don't have to take a half day and get a sub and plans together...) but whatever I was still excited about hearing baby boy's heartbeat and getting measured.

We first just talked to the Dr. and I told her my joints were feeling unstable (my bad knee especially...injury in high school), starting to get heartburn and indigestion again, and lack of sleeping.  She said all of these things are normal and just a part of pregnancy. Relaxin in a hormone that allows your muscles in your stomach to relax for the BIG stretch...so my joints are just dealing with that. Heartburn -tums tums tums and avoid food that triggers heartburn. (For me it feels like everything gives me a little burn). Sleeping - just gotta get comfortable and I need to turn off the TV. It's not that I'm watching it, I have it muted. I know you're like...'well why do you have it on then?' I know my mom does the same thing at night, but I'm in bed WAY before Ryan usually and the TV sort of keeps my company while I'm alone. He stays up with Moose and I get to bed around 9 or 9:30. Just need to turn off the TV and get my good rest now!!!

She used the doppler and his heart was beating at about 130 bpm. She said he sounded GREAT and that his heart rate was perfect. I seriously hang on the Dr. every word! Such a RELIEF when they say those things. Ryan and I both still tear up a little bit when we hear our baby boy's heartbeat. SOOO much love and we don't even know him yet.

Then she goes to measure me with that tape measure...(They have this special tape measure... and they measure from your pelvic bone to the top of your tummy/uterus ....the centimeters should equal the number of weeks you are. So 24 wks... should measure around 24 cm.) well drum roll please........ 28 cm. That means he's measuring a little over 3 weeks ahead!!! EEK! She said this isn't bad, and that genetics definitely plays into it. She said I'm a tall woman (I haven't been told that in a long time) and that I might just make a big baby, plus Ryan is 6'1 and I'm 5'7ish. We both were born around 7 lbs so maybe our baby will be 7 or 8 lbs. She said they'll just continue to monitor my/baby's growth and if my measurement continues to be on the big side...they'll do an ultra sound and adjust the due date. PRETTY CRAZY! That would put us into early May. I better get working on my maternity leave papers for school!

ETA is still May 28, 2011

Still can't get over how amazing this experience is, and how much love I feel pouring into my heart. I am in awe of God's perfect plan for us - even when we didn't feel ready - He chose us to bring a little soul into the world and showed us who is really in control of our lives. I am humbled. Praying for Him to prepare me for motherhood, Ryan for fatherhood and us both for parenthood! Always praying for our little one's health and a safe delivery!

It's a wonderful life!
-Sara

1 comment: