Friday, February 18, 2011

Nautical Nursery!

So we're told we still have SO much time until the baby, but I'm starting to feel like time is flying by! I'm almost in my 3rd trimester (eek!) and we've done nothing to the nursery. However, we have picked out a theme! We're going to have a Nautical Nursery! :) 

Here's the bedding we picked out. We both just LOVED it right away. 

Honestly this picture is just SO MUCH of an overload to me... we're definitely going to keep it much simpler. 

Aren't the sheets too cute?!?! We just love them. The cute little anchors and whales. The sail boats and monkey - yeah when I describe it to people it sounds SO random. But it fits together nicely I think! :)

Here's the cute little mobile.

So I've been searching online for tons of ideas about decorating, painting and colors etc. Well now that we have the bedding picked out we have some sort of direction for everything! Here are a few examples of nautical nurseries I LOVE!!!








I've also found tonsssss of cute stuff off etsy.com. Wall decals, baby's name in block letters and personalized with the nursery colors, pictures and lots more.

Love this wall decal...however don't really understand the cars in the kiddos bedding. Hmm... what's the connection here?!

No - Jacob is not going to be his name. Cute block letters though!

Boutique Boys M2M Pottery Barn Kids Baby Boats Cape Cod Nautical Transportation Nursery Bedding Wall Art Personalized
Just thought the "Captain" thing was another cute idea.
Being a teacher ~ I can't help but love all the alphabet letters with nautical words. :) 

If you have any fun decorating ideas for a 'nautical nursery' or know of any places that have good decor let me know! This is becoming more and more real!

It's a wonderful life!
-Sara

2 comments:

  1. As the Nonna to baby boy Corl...I am very excited that you are doing a nautical theme...since Papa Joe is (retired) Navy!

    Also, very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I can't wait to see your finished nursery. May will be here so soon!

    ReplyDelete