Monday, February 28, 2011

Unexpected Dr. Appt and 27 wks...

I'm going to not answer the questions (like last post) on this post just because things haven't changed too much. :o) Who knows if people even read this! 

Wow - baby boy is OUT THERE!

You can't see it in pictures I guess...but the belly button is sticking out like nobody's business. Kinda like with a turkey... "I'm done!"

Well for the past week or two I've had really bad lower abdomen pain along with lower back pain. The back pain I've had...but not with the pain under my belly. I don't baby myself - I don't 'sit this one out' - I really just have a 'suck it up' attitude with pain and think I have a pretty high threshold for things. Or so I thought, however, pregnancy continues to surprise me! The pain is all across my lower abs and its pretty sharp. (They say any pain in your lower abdomen is something to REALLY pay attention to) I had round ligament pain earlier in the pregnancy and it usually went away if I laid down (especially laying on the side that hurt because it wouldn't be stretching so much) and of course taking some Tylenol. Never worked for me before pregnancy, but now since it's all I can take somehow it's working little wonders. 

Called the dr... after my super caring and loving coworkers convinced me I needed to get checked out. (I work with such an amazing group of teachers that I love!) The nurse decided to check for a UTI first to rule that out. Well - test came back negative. Hmm... the nurse practitioner and I talked for a while and I told her everything. She went and let the doctor know my symptoms and came back saying the same thing "It's really bad round ligament pain, but here's what you can do..."

1. Stay off your feet and prop them up more ~ this is difficult being a teacher!
2. Lower activity level (this means no working out :-( ) ~ hopefully I won't pack on the lbs.
3. Drink TONS of fluids - meaning water ~ which is something I already do.
3. Get a pregnancy belt ~ get a what?!?!
4. Take Tylenol ~ of course you were going to say that.

PREGNANCY BELT?!?! Sounds sexy right? Well I googled pics for you (and me..)

Interesting...

daisychain Maternity Designer Support Belts-daisychain, daisy chain, support belt, pregnancy support belt, exercise, active wear, canada, usa
Trying to be stylish...

Sexy... NOT!

Well apparently this might help with baby boy being so big and heavy and putting pressure on my pelvis/hips. I swear this child has not changed position in over 2 weeks and keeps kicking and punching the same spot!! Oh well - all in the name of love. :) 

Also...we may have officially decided the name. hehe That will have to come later of course after the grandparents and aunts and uncles know first. :) Any cute ideas for name revealing? It's hard because we're all in different cities - so keep that in mind if you send an idea. I'd love some.

One last thing... 9 more school days until SPRING BREAK! (and my 25th birthday!) 
Can.not.wait.

It's a wonderful life!
-Sara

P.S. I just wanna say I have the most wonderful husband in the world!!!! He's been so amazing during this whole process and especially now that we're getting closer to meeting our little boy (and I'm getting more and more uncomfortable) he is so helpful, encouraging and loving when I have a tough day. He always knows how to make me laugh, put a smile on my face or tell when I just need a good hug. LOVE YOU RYAN!


**Pics taken by my sister a month ago... love them! :) **

2 comments:

  1. You're so adorable, Sara. What a pretty Mama! I am continuing to pray for a healthy pregnancy for you! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your round ligament pain. I remember that was not fun!

    ReplyDelete