Saturday, March 19, 2011

3D/4D Sono - Meet Landon!

Well... I'm back blogger world. I know I know...I haven't been gone long at all. The combination of Spring Break and giving up Facebook for Lent has freed up SO much time to blog - as you can tell. Haha I think I've blogged almost everyday this past week. Oh well - hope you enjoy!

For my birthday Ryan surprised me with a 3D/4D sonogram session at this awesome pregnancy spa place in Austin.


Beautiful place..very peaceful! I really wanna go back for a massage! :)

So when I've seen other people's 3D pics of their baby...I of course think the technology is amazing and it's so cool to see images of their baby - but sometimes the pics are kinda hard to make out and even a little creepy. Am I horrible for thinking this?! Maybe. Of course after getting to experience this myself I definitely do not think it is creepy by any means and found its absolutely amazing to see our little miracle. 

First we told the lady we were told he was a boy and just wanted to confirm that he indeed was a boy. After all - we have just painted his entire room shades of blue. So we did that first....and yes that is the picture below. I don't think I need to explain the image any further. hehe


His profile - the umbilical cord is floating around right by his face. His head looks a little large/warped here...but she said it's all good. Just how the picture came out.

Meet Landon! Cute little nose and you can see his eyes and mouth!

His head is sort of down and has his hand on his forehead... we were laughing that he was so annoyed with us poking around trying to get some good images of him. Either that or he was thinking about something, maybe dreaming. ;)

His hand...I asked her to stop and count his fingers and toes. He has all 10. No more no less.

His hand/arm looks funny here, but he was sucking on his hand. We couldn't tell if it was him sucking his thumb or not. But his little arm is just resting right in front of his face. 

Such an incredible experience. Best.Birthday.Gift.Ever. It was a gift for both of us - Ryan really loved it. He thought it was awesome. 

30 weeks today! We meet Landon in 10 weeks! and counting...Next appointment is April 1st. Feeling so blessed.

It's a very very wonderful life! :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my they have come a long way with sonagrams.This is so cool to be able to see his face. So adorable. Love to you and Ryan and of course Landon.

    Love ya,
    GAL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, such cool sono pics!! Ok, so i was going to message you on facebook but remembered that you gave it up for Lent! Good for you! Anyway, I just read your message on my blog and had to respond. I was talking to Travis just yesterday about how similar we are. Maybe if we had been in the same grade, we would be even closer friends cause this is just wierd....we had originally picked out the same blue whale bedding that you guys chose but ended up going with a different theme. Our nursery has a white chair railing in the middle with two different paint colors on top and bottom....for his name we have chosen....LANDON Michael! I couldn't believe it when I was reading your blog! We are behind on getting the nursery done since we are still dealing with the house rebuild but Travis assures me that we will be done before he arrives!

    Anyway, just had to tell you this crazy story. I will announce the name and nursery info on our blog later, but wow, so crazy! We are going to have a couple of cute Landon's running around! Have agreat week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqueline!!!! OH MY WORD! Well a while back I thought you might have found the same bedding because you mentioned 'whales and nautical' and I thought...hmm sounds like what we fell in love with! Love the way the white chair rail worked out with two different paint colors...so cute for a nursery. Can't wait to see your pics! But seriously - the same name choice just tops it all!! haha How crazy?!?! That is pretty unbelievable. These Landon's are pretty lucky!

    Well yeah - no facebook til Easter...going to be tricky but I've managed so far! Just keep playing on blogger instead. haha I'll keep checking your blog to see updates on things! Hope you have a great week too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, following you now, so that I can talk about your posts with your Mom on our walks each morning. At 5:30 AM!! Glad she is as crazy as me to get up every morning. I have really enjoyed getting to know her and all of you through her. I told her good thing all he gave you was the sonogram for your birthday, you can use that against him years from now. Maybe during labor! It is fabulous though, how amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay Lori!!! I know my mom is really enjoying her early morning walks with you! She's always been an early to bed early to rise kinda lady - I used to make fun of her, and now I'm doing the same! hehe thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete