Friday, March 18, 2011

Nursery Pics!

Happy Friday everyone!

This past week has just been the best! It's my Spring Break and it could not have come at a more perfect time. It's been a much needed break from school before we push through the end of the year and I've been able to focus on preparing 'things' for our baby!

My sister also had Spring Break this past week and I asked if she would come down to help me paint the nursery. This was the BIG project Ry and I needed to tackle. Ryan had work all week and I told him I needed this project to do during the week! I wanted to get the painting done and then I'd have peace of mind that I had done something to the baby's room. We are finding that weekends are getting filled with family or friends visiting, traveling and baby classes at the hospital! He said as long as I have some help (he didn't want me doing it alone) then I could go for it. He felt better when he found out sister was coming down. :) So did I...

Before

Remember this? This is the baby's room before. It was originally a 'ladybug' room for a little toddler girl. Cute idea..not going to work for our little man.


After
YAY! I LOVE how it turned out. The chair rail looks so great in the room with the two tones of blue. Sorry for tooting my own horn, but I think we did a great job! We left the ceiling edge for Ryan to do - that was his only request. He also came home and thought it looked great! Now I'm imagining the white crib and white dresser. :) 

Here are pics of the transformation...
Jenn and I had to use a tinted primer. The paint lady told us that covering the red/black spots with white primer wouldn't do it. Red would bleed through...and we'd have to do a TON of layers. So she tinted it grey and it worked wonders!!! Only needed one coat of this primer.

This was after we finished the trim on the base boards and under the chair rail.


My awesome painter-partner-in-crime! She was such a BIG help.

Here was the first coat of the dark blue. It ended up needing two coats and the trim still needs one more go around...yikes! This is why we decided to start on the bottom first...we knew it would need the most work!

Here's the rest of the room.. a 360 view!

Room door

Sliding closet doors

I guess I have not revealed the baby's name on here. Well we've decided and before we painted the light blue I decided to write a little message....


Landon Lee Corl! We already had the middle name set - Lee is Ryan's middle name and his dad's and his grandfather's. Then we had our handful of names (I had posted a poll on here with 4 boy names) and I found I was naturally calling him Landon when I thought about him. I told Ryan and he said, "Well then that's his name! I love it!" So - Landon just stuck!

I have to thank my sister over and over again for her help! You're awesome Jenna! She's going to be a fantastic Auntie. :)

More pics to come once we get some stuff inside this nursery!

It's a wonderful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment