Friday, April 1, 2011

32 weeks! Wish I was more creative with my post titles...

It's been a while since I've posted, but here it goes! I decided to use those 'guiding questions' (wow - I sound like such a teacher) to help keep me focused. hehe

Here we are!!! 

**Side note... trying to grow out my hair. It's getting there! I knew I'd need ponytails soon. I got some highlights too - lighter than I expected, but I like it!**

How far along? 
32 weeks (tomorrow!) Can't believe it!
-
How big is the baby?
They haven't weighed and measured him at the doctor's office, but according to babycenter.com they say Landon is about 3.75 lbs and is about 16.7 inches long. Give or take. About the size of a Honeydew melon. It also says he now has fingernails, toenails and hair! (more like peach fuzz) His skin is also more pink and he's looking more like a little baby! I would say so especially after seeing his 3D picture! :) At the dr today they said he's measuring at 33 weeks, and that's a week ahead.



Weight gain? 
31 lbs at 31ish weeks. She said I'd probably gain close to 40 lbs - and I'm tall (Everyone keeps saying that! I think they're just trying to make me feel better.)  Kinda made me sad cause I wanted to stay in the 'average range' they recommend. (25 to 35 lbs) But at the same time, he's healthy and I'm healthy so I believe my body is doing what it's supposed to.
-
Stretch Marks?
Nope! I swear by this Palmer's lotion. Everyday after I shower I lather it on! Helps not have such itchy skin too. :)
-
Sleep? 
What's sleep?! It's a challenge every night. If I wind down and get to bed around 9ish..I'm good to go for the day. Of course I wake up a gazillion times to go to the bathroom or switch sides, but I feel like I've been conditioned over the weeks and months and I'm used to it by now.
-
Best moment of the week?  
Besides hearing my baby boy's heart beat... his crib and dresser are here!!!! (Well almost..) It should be here this weekend or early next week. :) Ready to get his room finished!
-
Food and cravings? 
Still carrots and ranch or some sort of dip. YUM! But sweets BIG TIME. I can't help it...I want candy or chocolate, or ice cream! Landon loves it too. I do it for him ;)
-
Movement?
He's always pretty crazy before I go to bed or right when I'm laying down. Also, after I eat breakfast cause it's my first thing of food/drink for the day. I just love knowing he's there and he's movin! I've heard people miss this feeling after they have their babies...I guess I'll find out in a few months.

What I miss?
Feeling normal. I'm really very independent and I hate having to ask for help (I just don't even do it) or being a bother to someone. Can't wait to run and exercise again.
-
Belly Button?
Been out and it's still out. Can't hide it and I'm learning to embrace it. haha You can see it sticking out in the picture I posted!

-
Looking forward to? 
Child birthing class at the hospital next Saturday and a tour of the women's center (labor and delivery!) I think I'll feel better when I get to finally see the place I'll be during that crazy exciting day!

-
Milestone?
I feel like hitting the '30' weeks is a big milestone! I'm 8 months pregnant! AH!

It's a wonderful life!

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful SARA!!!!
    Love the yellow on you too!
    Love you MORE!
    Nonna...a.k.a. Landon's Italian (by marriage) grandmother! (((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete