Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bakerella Wanna Be...


I am a TOTAL Bakerella-Wanna-Be!

I absolutely love to bake! I do love cooking, but definitely love baking MUCH MUCH more! It's an escape for me and I love learning how to make new things. I've been wanting to learn how to make those cute cake pops for some time now, and finally did some research on how to make them. Bakerella is FANTASTIC! I think she actually was the creator of Cake Pops. Genius! 

Did you notice Starbucks now has them?!?!

Tiramisu, Rocky Road, and Birthday Cake Pop! Adorable!!!

Well... I decided to try something new I saw in a Food Network Magazine. Cheesecake Bites is what they called them. So similar to cake pops, however it's cheesecake squares dipped into chocolate and decorated with sprinkles or whatever other fun goodies you want. Here's my attempt at making them...

So here's the cheesecake squares (rectangles really...) on the Lollipop Sticks. You can find those sticks in the "Wilton" baking aisle at any craft store. I melted chocolate chips in a Pyrex measuring cup...that handle made it easier to get out of the microwave without burning myself. :)

Another tip with the cheesecake squares - I cut the cheesecake, put them on sticks and then put them in the freezer while I was prepping everything else. It stuck to the stick much better and didn't fall apart as easily as the ones I did not freeze at first.


Next, it was figuring out how to let it dry without finger marks or some smooshed side. Here's what I came up with...

Just a colander! Flip it upside down....and ta da!

So in my attempt to make them cute I got some colorful sprinkles!!! As you can see the ones in the middle did not turn out so well...and the outside did. So I should've known - gotta sprinkle while the chocolate is fresh and HOT! They stay better of course.

More sprinkled ones and then plain ones inside my cake pan. Made it easy for freezing and traveling. I took these to LifeTeen (high school youth group) at our church. I was trying to make friends ;)

Yum-O!

I think they turned out pretty cute, and they were SUPER YUMMY! 

Just wanted to share my baking adventure!!! Have a great rest of your week!

It's a wonderful life!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for trying! They look yummy. Just dropped a gift off at your Mom's house! Sorry, I'll be out of town this weekend. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete