Thursday, May 5, 2011

36/almost 37 week update!

Well here we are!!! Almost full term! Yay! What an incredible/unbelievable journey this has been. Here's a pic of baby boy and I. He is OUT THERE!


Had my 36 wk appt today. Here are the updates:

*According to 'what to expect' he is about the size of a large cantaloupe. wowzers
Cantaloupe large

*She feels he's just under 7 lbs! (Ryan and I both were around 7 lbs when we were born..) So if he gains about a 1/2 lb a week, he'll be close to 9lbs! Yikes! Just as long as he's healthy. Hopefully my body can carry him!

*I'm positive for Group B Strep which is a bacteria they found in my urine (yeah TMI) It's no big deal, just means I'll need to be pumped with antibiotics every 4 hrs during labor so neither of us get an infection.

*His heart rate sounded great. Around the 130s.

*His head is down and ready to go! :)

*She said my symptoms sound like my body is 'warming up' and preparing for labor, buttttt most FTM (first time moms) make it to their due date or later. Everyone is saying they think he'll be early - Ry and I think so too, but really what do we know?! Probably more hopes for it than anything. I need to quit getting my hopes up!!!!

The next full moon is May 17 - mom told me to look that up. hehe Who knows...

It's a wonderful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment