Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Woven and Spun...

Found a Nichole Nordeman CD in my car yesterday... I have had this CD forever and on my drive around town with Landon I started scanning through each song. Have you ever heard a song on the radio or your iPod and remember the time in your life that you first heard it or listened to it the most? Sort of brings back those memories. I got this CD back in high school and it definitely brought back memories...especially where I was with my relationship with God. Trying to navigate teen years was tough and I'd always pray for help and guidance - like the song says '...be my best friend', no matter the prayer God always replied "I Am.."


This song does a beautiful job of showing different seasons in some women's lives, and I love how in each 'season' God is called different names.  "Elbow healer, Superhero" - perfect image of how a child might view God. The bold paragraph is right where I am now... married and with a baby. I also found it interesting how Nichole Nordeman used "I Am" as God's answer back to our prayers...and in the bible Jesus also says 
"I Am the way the truth and the life" 
"I Am the Good Shepherd" 
"I Am the Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End". 

 The rest of the lyrics are below along with a youtube video of the song.



I Am
by: Nichole Nordeman

Pencil marks on a wall, I wasn't always this tall
You scattered some monsters from beneath my bed
You watched my team win
You watched my team lose
Watched when my bicycle went down again
And when I was weak, unable to speak
Still I could call You by name
And I said, Elbow Healer, Superhero
Come if You can
You said, I Am

Only sixteen, life is so mean
What kind of curfew is at 10pm?
You saw my mistakes
And watched my heart break
Heard when I swore I'd never love again
And when I was weak, unable to speak
Still I could call You by name
And I said Heartache Healer, Secret Keeper/ 
Be my best friend
And you said, I Am

You saw me wear white by pale candlelight
I said forever to what lies ahead
Two kids and a dream, with kids that can scream
Too much it might seem when it is 2am
And when I am weak, unable to speak
Still I will call You by name
Shepherd, Savior, Pasture Maker
Hold onto my hand
You say, I Am

The winds of change and circumstance blow in and all around us
So we find a foothold that's familiar
And bless the moments that we feel You nearer

When life had begun, I was woven and spun
You let the angels dance around the throne
And who can say when, but they'll dance again
When I am free and finally headed home
I will be weak, unable to speak
Still I will call You by name
Creator, Maker, Life Sustainer
Comforter, Healer, my Redeemer
Lord and King, Beginning and the End

I Am
Yes, I Am 

That is my prayer now... "Hold onto my hand"

God Bless You!

It's a wonderful life!

1 comment: