Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Landon the Lion!

Ok... yes I am already thinking about Halloween! Can't help it! I loved the holiday as a kid and LOVED to dress up in all sorts of different costumes. I'm excited about all the holidays about to come up and lots of 'firsts' for Landon.  Ryan and I wanted to find something really cute and unique for Landon to wear on Halloween - my traditional side wanted to do a pumpkin or bumble-bee, but then I stumbled upon the cutest costume. 

A little more to the story... around 9 wks we noticed Landon was able to focus better, track things with his eyes, and become more entertained because he could see things around him better. We have a little vibrating 'chair' he can sit in (if you're my facebook friend, we get lots of great picture of him in this chair. The background is alphabet letters and animals) and one of the animals on the chair is a lion - and there is a hanging lion he can grab onto. He is always STARING at it... and he'll sometimes squeal while looking at it. I feel like it's because of the contrasting colors (orange and yellow) that he likes, but then our sitter sent a picture text of him playing with a lion toy she had at her house! He was staring at the lion and smiling in the picture! No kidding. Then we realized the little toy we have hanging from his carseat... you're right - it's a lion. So with this lion theme emerging from Landon, I found this costume:
Lil Lion Elite Collection Infant/Toddler Costume

I mean seriously.. TOO CUTE RIGHT?! I can't resist... I have to get this! Hopefully the heat won't be SO terrible in October. I started thinking I could be Dorthy and Ryan could be the Tin-Man or Scarecrow!!! Plus I love the Wizard of Oz. :) Ryan thinks dressing up past college is silly, but I disagree. We'll see if I can get him to be the Tin-Man with no heart or Scarecrow with no brain. Just kidding babe! Love you! 

Well - I have a video for you... Landon is practicing his 'roar'...


*Please don't look at the messy house in the background*

You'll also notice Landon is losing his hair...workin' a nice comb over, and by the end of the video he was about done with us.

Happy Wednesday! 

Oh..
PS - Starbucks is now selling their PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE!! YUM-O!

It's a wonderful life!

2 comments:

  1. Jackson was a lion for his first Halloween, and I think it is the cutest costume on a little baby boy! Landon is going to look precious - and I love the Wizard of Oz idea. :) Your family is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Jason and I went to the "Goulwill Ball" (the benefit for Goodwill) two years ago during Halloween--- I was Dorthy and he was the scare crow!! If you want to borrow our costumes :)

    ReplyDelete