Sunday, January 8, 2012

7 Months

Happy 7 Months pumpkin!


The Corl house has been so busy! This post comes very late... Christmas actually came a few days before Landon turned 7 months, but I wanted to write this post before I forget all of the new things he is doing!
  1. Landon is now are doing two 'meals' a day instead of just one 'meal of solids. Ry and I decided to do this added meal during my 2 wks off for Christmas - just so we'd have the time to start this 'newness' with him and to see how Landon would do. Our hope was then when he went back to our sitter's house she would be able to feed him with no problem. He is doing wonderfully!
  2. Landon is officially crawling! He's been rocking for a month and a half and Dec. 30 he did his first official crawl. I was SO happy he did this over break for us to witness. Pretty exciting milestone... just cannot believe how many changes happen in a baby's first year! He's not too fast yet - so hopefully enough time to baby proof! 
  3. He loves to blow raspberries - especially during the quiet times during mass. haha He's been babbling for a long time but he's starting to say 'ba ba ba' ....trying to get him to say mama, but I know dada is easier to say and he'll probably say that (or Moose) first. ;) He also does this hilarious fast breathing... he sounds like he's panting like Moose. He does this when he gets really excited about something. He loves to belly laugh too...that's music to my ears. 
  4. After he started crawling we dropped down his crib... I'm starting to think we need to drop it one more time to the lowest level. Funny thing about Landon is he masters one milestone and then IMMEDIATELY works on the next. He's been trying to pull up onto things a lot, but not quite able to do it. He's doing this in his crib now - eek! One more level down and hopefully I won't be so worried anymore.
  5. He is pretty much consistently sleeping 10 or 11 hours a night. NEVER cries himself to sleep at night... I dunno how we 'taught' him to sleep so well, but he's fantastic at going to bed. We've kept our nighttime routine the same since he started in his crib at 10 wks so I think that plays a big part of it. Now naps are another story. He is pretty upset at first when we put him down, but as soon as we leave his room he snuggles up in his crib and falls asleep.

He is such a happy baby. Do not have anything to compare him to of course because he's our first...but we've been told he's a pretty 'easy' baby. However...this job isn't easy! It's wonderful, rewarding and a blessing to be a mommy for sure - but because he's an 'easy' baby doesn't make parenthood easy. Well that sounded like a downer but I didn't mean for it to be!

I feel like there is so much more to say - - like I'm forgetting something. I'll probably come back to this post and add more. 

It's a wonderful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment