Thursday, November 8, 2012

Nov.12, 2005

The day I met Ryan...

I really never thought I'd meet my future husband/soulmate on a blind date. I NEVER thought I'd ever GO on a blind date. But I love our little love story...

So our freshman yr of college - Facebook started up. Ryan always jokes we met through Facebook or if it weren't for Facebook we may have never met (I beg to differ!) but a good friend of mine in Strutters found Ryan through Facebook. She thought he was cute (of course he is!) and they started chatting online. She had been going on dates with other guys (not Ryan) and they honestly weren't going very well. She had this feeling I needed to meet this guy (Ryan) and that we'd be a good match. I'm thinking, "Are you kidding me?!" All of her dates turned out TERRIBLE and this was probably another one of those crazy guys and I was not interested AT ALL. Of course I thought he was cute and seemed nice but not how I wanted to meet someone. 

WELL - Ryan was pestered by my friend a ton and he started messaging me through AIM. (Yes...aol instant messanger) I could tell right away he was a nice guy and thought 'well maybe I'd be up for meeting him.' He got my number and he called and said we should go to dinner and actually meet!!! My gut told me to go for it. Why not...

He found out I loved Italian food and we went to Johnny Carinos. DELISH! Conversation never stopped and you could tell he was a family guy cause he talked about his parents, brother, and grandparents (grandpa especially). My roommate was friends with the girls across the hall from Ryan and his roommates...crazy right?.... and they went to the restaurant too and spied on us! Hilarious. My roomie went to the bathroom - purposely walking by our table - and I followed her cause I couldn't believe she was there! She asked if we were having fun and told me what a great guy Ryan was. I told her everything was going great and I think I kinda like this guy! 

We went to a movie after dinner and saw - The Weather Man - instead of Chicken Little and nothing else looked good. It was a HORRIBLE first date pick - Nicholas Cage and all the inappropriate and awkward movie topics you'd never want to face on a first date were in the movie. Hated it at the time but hilarious memory now. 

I HATE this picture of me... but love how handsome Ry looks.
Christmas 2005 - I think this was one of our first pics together.

The date went great (except for the awful movie) and Ry took me back to my dorm. I don't kiss on a first date so that didn't happen if you were wondering ;)

Ryan didn't call me for 2 weeks after that date! It's a big joke, but we eventually ran into each other on campus again (by God's great design) and we ended up going out again right before Christmas break.

I knew that Ryan was for me. I just KNEW. So being apart for a month over Christmas break felt like FOREVER. He said he'd come visit and I thought that was crazy! My dad actually sent Ryan a pass to fly from Houston to Dallas because he knew how much I wanted my family to meet Ryan. It was a wonderful trip and my parents loved him right away. The picture above is the first picture of us together that I can find. I think we went out to The Cheesecake Factory that night and I ended up meeting his Aunt, Uncle and cousins that live in Dallas.

One year later...love this picture below...
Trail of Lights 2006
One Year Later!
Love the nativity :)

November 12, 2005 was my last first date ever!
Look how far we've come!

It's a wonderful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment