Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cowboy Landon - Halloween 2012

One of my favorite holidays as a kid - Halloween! Last year Landon was the CUTEST little lion and you can see pics from that here. I don't know how the idea got into my head this year but I was pretty set on Landon being a cowboy. We were going to go the frugal route and use a pair of jeans he already has (and fits into!) along with a cute gingham shirt and find a hat and boots. WELLLL... one day I went to the mall and a kid clothing store had these overalls and the hat to match. $20 bucks - BINGO! DONE.

Wish I had boots for him! He looks adorable though!!!!!!!!!!!!

Playgroup Halloween party... found a car to play with. Of course.

My favorite Halloween pic of him in his costume! (Besides the family photo)

Tons of treats- eyeing the food. I found some healthy options for him. 
Close up - love those cheeks
He decided not to join the group pic :-/ 
We practiced 'Yeehawww' and "Stick em up!" - yeehaww happened occasionally. 
Family Photo! Yay mommy is finally in a picture!!! 
I'll get more into the costumes I'm sure - I'm all about dressing up with the kids!

Megan and her little monkey girl! 
"Baby...baby...babyyyy' Everything is baby. 
Trick or Treatin'! 
It's a cat on top of a pumpkin - really cute... picture didn't turn out great. Good job Ry! 
We had a great Halloween! Our friends Ty and Megan came over with their little girl and Newlyweds Anna and Spencer came too! Anna was a cute crayon but I didn't get to snag a pic with her! Things got a little crazy with the trick or treaters coming to the house and then taking the littles out to trick or treat (really see the neighbors and get some candy). 

Poor Landon had quite the meltdown before bedtime - but I can totally see as an almost year and half year old how confusing it can be. Kids come to the door (he would rush to the door and yell at them) kids get candy, kids leave, close the door, open again, more kids, more candy, more yelling, close the door. Then we walk outside, see more kids, more decorations, cool lights and pumpkins, more costumes, go to the door, get candy, walk away, go to another door and on and on and on. Poor guy just about lost it when we showed back up at our house. Why are we home?! Oh wait more kids coming to the door?...booooo He did try the 'boo' thing. Oh goodness - anyway funny to think next year he will be 2 1/2 and might actually have an opinion about how he dresses up and know what's going on (somewhat)!

Hope you had a great Halloween!!!

It's a wonderful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment