Sunday, July 7, 2013

Due Date is Today! - No baby... yet.

Officially 40 wks! Never made it to 40 wks before.... well I was only one day shy of 40 wks with Landon, but still - went into labor 2 days before he was due. Pregnancy has only been an 'early' thing for me ya know? This waiting has to be one of the hardest parts of pregnancy aside from some other uncomfortable symptoms - but the suspense and anticipation is so tough. I know God has little brother's birthday all picked out and planned and we just need to be patient. Found this poem while 'waiting' for Landon and I just love it. The words give me comfort and put things into perspective. 

If he doesn't decide to make his debut sometime tonight, I'll be calling my dr office tomorrow morning because I never made a 40 week appointment (they made me think I wouldn't make it to 40 wks anyway) and hope they'll see me tomorrow. LOTS of 'symptoms' of real labor coming soon...but how soon?  

Waiting
Dear Baby, here beneath my heart,
I thought that you might come today;
The timing seemed just right.
But the stars are out
And the moon is high
And sheepishly I wonder why
I try to arrange the plans
Of God.
For now I know
You will not come
Until the One who holds eternity
Rustles your soft cocoon
And whispers in tones that I will not hear,
“It’s time, precious gift.”
“Now it’s time.”
-by Robin Jones Gunn.
Can't wait to meet you sweet boy!!!
It's a wonderful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment