Thursday, December 9, 2010

14 & 15 weeks

Hey all! I tried to upload this picture so many times and I guess today is my lucky day! It's up! I have a little belly now. I'm wearing my new favorite maternity jeans. (Gap Maternity has great jeans. I was told to check out Old Navy and Target too)

This was after Ryan's work Christmas party. It was a neat party (wow that sounded dorky) at a bar on 6th street called SIX. Apparently it's Lance Armstrong's bar...anyways - I wanted something fun to drink besides a water SO I ordered a cherry sprite. As soon as I asked the bar tender for that - I got the WeIrDeSt look from him. He even asked again, "A cherry sprite?" (I guess I felt silly saying Shirley Temple) He goes 'sure'. I'm thinking.."yeah with a cherry on top dude! back off" haha but I didn't.

I heard the heart beat last Tuesday. I wish I was able to put into words all the emotions I felt when I heard that little heart beat. Relief that everything was ok! Excitement for the little life! Love - so much love before I even know Baby Corl. Immediate tears of course...and then there were other noises besides the rhythm of the heart beat. I asked the midwife what that was and she said, "Oh that's movement. The baby is kicking, squirming, moving it's arms and legs." SO AMAZING!

2nd Trimester is sooooooooooooooooooo much kinder than the 1st. My energy is up and my nausea is pretty much gone. I still have moments where I'll get queasy... like making dinner and preparing raw meat. EEK! I'll leave the kitchen and tell Ryan I can't do it. haha I'm still craving tons of water which is good and I seem to always want avocado or chocolate. Gotta watch it! I've gained 3 pounds and they said that was 'good' and 'normal'. I was glad to hear that. I have also read that in the 2nd trimester it's normal to gain one pound per week - yikes! I want to do that slowly and healthily (is that the right word?)

January 11 we are going to find out the gender. I get mixed signals from people about this. Some are surprised we're finding it out and some are like "it's hard to wait isn't it?!"

We really appreciate all your love, support and prayers!

Until next time...It's a wonderful life!
-Sara

1 comment: