Sunday, August 7, 2011

Thumb Sucker

Just got back from our Houston trip and it was so much fun! I'll post pictures soon, but we have a new development... Landon has discovered his thumb. 

Mixed feelings about this... 
1) It's great that he has found his hands/thumbs and it's a way to self-soothe, especially if mommy and daddy are taking too long to find his paci. but 2) It's difficult to break kids of this habit and I know dentists and orthodontists will push for kids to stop sucking their thumb.

I got a quick picture of him sucking his thumb and then I pulled out the flip cam because he was just working so hard to find it - priceless!


Also, everyone's first question is, "How is he sleeping through the night?" I know it's 'conversation' but everyone knows the real answer. He's NOT! haha However, Friday night he slept from 11-5am (6 hours! yahoo!) and then 5 something til 9am! We were SO happy because we were needing to catch up. Another exciting thing was at 5am after he was done feeding he was WIDE awake... I mean bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to laugh, smile and play with mommy. However, it was still time to sleep so I swaddled him up and gave him his binky. He put himself to sleep! It was amazing. I tried to stay up and make sure he went back to sleep - but I couldn't stay awake, ended up falling asleep and woke up at 9. No crying, fussing or needing mommy intervention. :) Very exciting. 


Can't wait til he really sleeps through the night, but I do love our middle of the night cuddles. The house is quiet and we're the only ones awake. Precious time together.

It's a wonderful life!

1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth the nurse at Treehouse (not Kim, the other one you talk to on the phone...) said they prefer thumb sucking to pacis and they will help with ways to stop when it's time. Landon is getting so big! Can't wait to see him again soon.

    ReplyDelete