Monday, March 7, 2011

Girl's Weekend in Salado!

Here are pictures for our wonderful Mother-Daughter/Girl's weekend!

Mom and Dad bought us the dresser for the baby's room!!!!! My birthday is next week and Ryan's is in April - so this was our birthday gift! Mom is also holding the comforter that goes with our crib bedding!

Here is the cute yellow cottage we stayed in!

Loved the porch. When I was little I always wanted a house with a porch and a swing.

Really cool old doors on the side yard...sorta felt artsy taking this pic! hehe

So I found out that the 'Victorian age' really sort of creeps me out. The freaky pictures and old furniture...however, it was still super cozy and fun!

Full dining room!

Old timey kitchen with 80's wall paper :)

More of the kitchen..

Cute decorations - very country. "Country Cookin' Makes Ya Good Lookin'" - Paula Deen quote on the middle shelf. 

China cabinet

Our bathroom... yeah we didn't use this tub. Looks cool though! We did have a toilet..just not seen in the picture.

The room mom and I shared... the snoogle took up half the bed, but mom didn't seem to mind! 

"The Pink Spur" - one of the many cute shops...

More of the shops... the picture just doesn't show how cute and quaint the town is!

Another shop...

Alissa and I @ the cottage - we have been friends since we were in diapers. Our mom's have been friends for 25 years and we lived two doors down from each other. They were newly weds and new moms together. Alissa was a bridesmaid in my wedding this past June! Love you!

Our beautiful mama's

Mother daughter and you can really see baby boy!

Cute picture of them!

We were pros at the self timer! 

What a gift this weekend was. Got to get away from everything and just "be" with my mom and two dear family friends. Alissa is planning her wedding and I'm planning for motherhood! It was fun catching up over food and drinks...hearing our mom's stories about marriage and being new moms, and of course getting advice and insight. Getting to pull away from everything else and just 'be' was just what I needed. I felt like I was reminded what is really important in life - family, friends, God and His amazing love. 

Baby Update:
*Baby is only measuring a week ahead - so things definitely leveled out like I thought! 
*His head is down and feet are kicking me like crazy
*His heartbeat sounds good and she said he is very active in there (as if I couldn't feel it already!) I guess you can hear movement with the doppler
*No change in due date...
*She could tell I was having contractions, and asked if I could feel them. I couldn't - she said that's normal and it's just Braxton Hicks starting up! 

It's a wonderful life!

PS- like my new signature?! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sara!
    Your girls weekend looks like it was great! I love little places like that, I have not heard of Salado..we usually visit Gruene or Fredericksburg when we need a small town getaway! I noticed you are taking a FB break! If you want to discuss baby or have any questions or need reassurance..my email is haleyschmidt08@yahoo.com

    You look fabulous in your pictures! Yay!! We are starting to figure out Maddie more and more, it is getting a little more "fun."
    -Haley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Haley! I've been wanting to check out Fredricksburg too! Maddie is adorrrrrable. I bet you are loving mommyhood so much! Can't wait to join you ;) I'll definitely email you. We're taking a class at the hospital in early April and over spring break we are finally painting the nursery! yay! I'll be posting pics of the room transformation on here. I'm keeping up the blog...just signing off facebook for Lent! :)

    Thanks again for writing and thinking of me!
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I'm glad to know the Victorian Age scares more than just me. Now how do you feel about Porcelain dolls ?

    Looks like you had fun though! Hope to see you soon!

    AJ

    ReplyDelete