Monday, July 12, 2010

Miscellany Monday - 1st post!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Being new to the blog world, I have stumbled across a great one! Carissa is a young mom of two precious kiddos. I love reading about motherhood for her and of course all of the funny and cute things babies/kids do!

So on Miscellany Monday I'm supposed to share a list of things that are random. I'm so good at that! haha

1) One Month of Wedded Bliss! - Ryan and I have actually been married one month today! I can't believe it! Just being silly yesterday I said, "Hey Ry...you know what tomorrow is?" He said (without skipping a beat might I add)..."Yeah our one month anniversary!" Love him! Of course for more than that. God never ceases to amaze me in how He can change our minds and hearts. He's teaching me to love better by learning to love Ryan more each day. Love you RLC!

Dad walking me to my groom! :) You can see happy mom on the left!

During our beautiful ceremony! Wish I had other pictures to share! I'll post some when our photographer has them! She is amazing.

Our fabulous wedding party and beautiful church!

Ok I'll stop now..hehe

2) Planners. I don't know about you, but I LOVE having a planner to keep me organized. Nothing big and fancy, but just a great calendar I can write stuff in. Well, I thought it was that simple for me... until the other day I went to Office Depot. I went in to get a planner and some blank cds. I grabbed the cds first and headed to the planner section. All of the back to school stuff was out (and as a teacher...seeing that made my stomach hurt - not ready for summer to be over yet!) and I love office supplies. Going around and figuring out what planner I wanted for the year - you would've thought it was a life or death decision. I started talking to myself in my head (am I the only one?) and figured out I wanted a big planner... so that was easy to narrow things down. Then I wanted tabs for the months, but not the paper flimsy ones, the plastic ones. Then I wanted months and weeks. This is the tricky part. I found planners with all the months in the front and then weeks. I found planners that said 'monthly' but only had weeks on the pages. I look at my watch and it had been an HOUR that I had been agonizing over this decision. Ridiculous! I finally found one. It was big with plastic tabs, a full month calendar and then the weeks behind it. It even started in July and ended next June. PERFECT! I had no idea how big of a deal selecting planners was for me until that trip.

3) Getting into a Groove... there's something to be said about this. Ryan and I just moved into a house and it takes a while for a groove to start. A grove with laundry, cleaning, yardwork, grocery store trips, cooking...etc. It's tough when there isn't a groove. I kind of feel lost in all the things I need to do! Yesterday I cleaned the house and Ryan did the yard...so I think there's a start. :)

4) Dogs. I really want a dog! I'd love to have a little furry child running around this place. We can't agree on a breed...so it might be a while. Need to wait until next summer probably so I can train it!

5) Trying to make a house feel like a home. Decorating is so fun but so expensive! Ryan and I made one trip to see what we could get to start decorating our house...we had so much fun and found we liked similar things. I think we sort of already knew this, but this trip solidified our thinking. I'll post more house pics when we have some good stuff up!

6) Twilight... Yes I've seen all 3 movies and am completely hooked! I decided to buy the first book to see what the fuss is all about. I sort of did this backwards - seeing movies before reading the books because now I imagine the movie characters instead of my own! I was told it was probably better this way. I bought the book last week and I'm halfway through it - I don't know about you, but that is fast for me!

7) Skin Care Does anyone have a skin care line that they just love?! I found early on in my pre-teen years that once I found something that worked for my skin - stick with it! Well now I'm sort of needing something different... I need a change. Anyone have a skin care line that they just loooooove?  Please lemme know!

Ok..being a first time Micellany Monday girl... It doesn't look too much like a list of little paragraphs! Maybe that's ok?? They are the random things that are making my life. :)

Go link up with Carissa @  lowercase letters !

It's a wondeful life! -

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sara, I came from the Miscellany Monday blog hop. I love your blog's design! Beautiful! Stop by when you can, my colors may be boring, it doesn't have the awesome colors your does, but it's nice to make new friends in the blog world. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Glad you joined in on the randomness! And congrats newlywed! Yes, getting in the groove can be hard! And decorating...think yard sales, that way it makes it cheaper on you two! Cute blog! Enjoyed reading all your randoms! :) Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping over from the Miscellany Monday! You have a cute blog. Congratulations on one-month of wedded bliss. Looks like you had a beautiful wedding. I have a hard time with planners. Post-Its seem to work for me (hee hee). I still have trouble finding my groove after 22 years of marriage! As far as Skin Care, Mary Kay is a good product. Have a great Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I think I would be quite good at it too haha, may have to create a blog JUST to do Miscellany Monday haha

    First off, that is an AWESOME wedding party! Especially the really short one on the altar that looks a bit out of place haha.

    Just wait, now that you have a smart-phone it will take overrr and organize your life... at least it did the same to mine! I actually don't even have a planner anymore because everything is in my phone. Very convenient but overwhelming and stressful sometimes when you see all the things you have to do in one day haha.

    I can’t wait to see your decorations, I may just have to come visit to witness them first hand!

    You know I agree with Ryan on the dog type (labbbbbbbb!), so I’ll leave that one alone… but I do agree with how amazing Twilight it haha. Quite a guilty pleasure for a girl in her mid-20’s :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this idea of misc. mondays-- I need to get back to blogging now that I'm back. I totally understand about the planner...I think I'm a planner/supplies aholic I found mine for the year at Target, but you should have seen my mom and I analyzing it and it's cuteness :)

    ReplyDelete