Monday, July 26, 2010

Miscellany Monday!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Happy Monday everyone!!! It's the last week of July...can you believe it?!

1. Coffee - Love it and I don't know what I'd do without it! When did you get hooked to coffee? My addiction really started when I started teaching. It was something yummy to drink in the morning before my early/crazy/unpredictable day started - and the caffeine was always much needed. I'm proud that I only drink ONE cup a day!

2. Moose - that is the name of our new Chocolate Lab Puppy. We have not picked him up from the breeder yet. She is in Houston (tx) and has the cutest/healthiest litters. Crossing my fingers that I get to go pick him up today!!! Keep you updated... here's a pic or two...

These aren't the best pictures...but isn't he cute?! He sorta looks sad to me. :( Hopefully that will change when he's in his happy new home. Oh yeah... I look disgusting from the long/late drive. See I'm not liking my bob so much here (#5 below..) What's in a name? On our way to Houston to go pick him out we started brainstorming names. Tons of names came up... We knew we wanted a male dog so we had: Ace, Reese, Bailey, Hershey etc. Then I thought of Moose...more than one meaning. Chocolate Mousse :) and Moose the animal is BIG! And we know this little guy will get big! Anways - as soon as I said it Ryan said that was his first choice...unique and fun. So Moose it is!

3. Mrs. Corl's Reef...I love being a teacher for mannnnny reasons, but I love that my job allows me to be creative and 'cutesie' as I like to call it. Last year my classroom theme was Miss Gautille's Galaxy.. I LOVE STARS! Lots of great analogies ("Reach for the stars" ...) And ways you can use it in your classroom to benefit the kids. Well once my name changed I was like hmmm.... Mrs. Corl's Comets? Keep the star thing? Then I thought of Mrs. Corl's Reef. Ocean theme! (Corl is pronounced like CorAl) "Dive into learning" "Crab a good book" "A job Whale done" "On a treasure hunt for knowledge!" Yes yes - I searched a lot for ideas from other teachers (we all steal ideas from each other!) and it's become a little over the top. Haha, but that's ok! Here's my website link... Lemme know what you think! My Classroom Website! -check it out!

4. Groove - A few wks ago I was talking about how tough it is to get into a groove. Ry and I being in a new house and new life situation... finding a groove with cleaning, yardwork, taking the trash/recycling out, grocery store trips, laundry...etc. We have started to get into a groove....I'm sure throughout life this will continue to evolve. Ryan did Yardwork (which he loves with his new toys... lets see how long this lasts) and I stayed inside to clean the house. I LOVE ME A CLEAN HOUSE! Anyways -it's coming along :)

5. Haircut - Last week of June I got a hair cut. Love it... cute bob. Well now it's only been three weeks - well I guess now four weeks later, and it's shaggy!!! I forgot that short hair requires more trims to keep it in good shape. I'm sort of wanting something a little different... like the bob was cute but it was all curled under and I felt like it made me look younger. I want Married Girl Hair! haha ... So here's a few pics I found. More of a straight, textured bob....



I'm horrible at watching American Idol these days.. and this girl was a contestant. I hope she was a nice girl cause if I bring this picture and she was not so nice they might be thinking - 'you wanna look like that girl?!' haha I just like the style and texture of the bob... what do you think? I'm a brunette though - so I'm trying to imagine this!

Have a great Monday!

It's a wonderful life!

7 comments:

  1. Found you thru Carissa's blog...

    LOVE that haircut. I wish I was brave enough to do it myself. For some strange reason I associate short hair with thin figure. Which I don't have (four kids later). So, my goal is to lose weight and then lose the hair. I'm sure a psychiatrist could figure something out from all of that ;O)

    ...I'm your newest follower. Your blog is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cutie pup and adorable cut, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the hair style!
    -liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog it allows me to find more ways I want to be you/copy you.....now I want my teacher web to look like yours!!! Help me be you!!

    Oh p.s. my theme in my room is stars...Mrs. Sanchez's Stars...and it's kinda spacey too...so if you have an decor that you aren't using or ideas let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I became addicted to coffee while working as a legal secretary in San Francisco many years ago. Long hours and grumpy attorneys would do that to any girl! Your little puppy is adorable. I am loving that hair cut. Wish it would look good on me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That puppy is adorable! We got a chocolate lab right before our first girl was born and it was the best breed to go with to have a round kids! She is such a sweet and gentle dog! And oh yes, Love me some coffee! Like the haircut, only thing is that often in dark haired people its harder for the shaggy, shattered ends to show up as well as blondes (hair was my thing before kids) I say go for it though! And we are in Abilene Tx. Not much rain just a little yesterday afternoon. Thanks for the prayers! Your blog is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your puppy is adorable! We have two black labs and got them at 10 weeks old! It's hard but soo worth it! They are almost two now!

    I love your theme for your classroom! You are so creative! I looked at your classroom website also, so adorable. Have a fun school year!

    PS - love your blog, so entertaining!

    ReplyDelete